FAMILY FARM HISTORY
Elmer Farms, LLC consist of both dairy and swine
operations. The farms are located in both Albany and Brooklyn
Townships. The dairy farm located on McDermott Rd was purchased by Marvin & Marlene Elmer in 1956 from Elsie Abbey Elmer. The
original farm was 140 acres and had 34 stanchions. There were 2 additions to the barn-one in 1971 and the other in 1980. The current dairy barn now has 65 stanchions and 22 tie stalls.
Another farm was purchased in 1968 from Frank Keehn. This farm is located on Brooklyn-Albany Rd and consist of 120 acres. Thi dairy barn was converted into a swine farrowing barn. Then in the spring of 1990, high winds destroyed the hay mow of the dairy barn and a portion of the hog barn. The dairy barn was rebuilt and a hog finishing shed was erected. In 2001, Marvin and Marlene sold the farms to their sons, Scott & Steve. Currently the operate the dairy and swine (farrow-to-finish) operation, along with renting another 100 acres. In 2011, Scott and Steve formed Elmer Farms, LLC.
In an effort to diversify, in 2012 Elmer Meats LLC was formed to offer farm fresh pork to local customers. Available for sale are whole and half hogs for processing, and individual cuts for delivery. A Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is also offered, providing delivery of a package either monthly or bimonthly. Elmer Meats products are available to local farmer's markets as well.
Scott & Julene Elmer (608) 882-5380
Steve & Fairy Elmer (608) 882-6897
Albany, WI 53502
Or visit us on facebook-Elmer Meats